Latest IT JobsReceive jobs like these by email
Enterprise Data Architect
to £130K per Year
240 million users... Read more
- Are you an Enterprise Architect with credible Big Data knowledge & ideas?
- Want to own the Data Architecture domain within a 240 million user business?
- Keen to work for a company on a mission to become the world's leading data-driven company?
- Interested in working within a highly collaborative business and team?
- Want an environment that allows you to push the boundaries without corporate politics that slow you down?
PACKAGE: Competitive salary + 30% bonus, shares, 7% pension, 50% rail discount & vast benefits
LOCATION: Luton - Direct train links from London + on-site parking
FLEXIBLE WORKING: 1-2 days remote working + flexi hours
The Company: When it comes to innovation and scale few companies can compare. This £6 billion business is the largest of its type in the UK & 8th largest globally and their systems are used by over 240 million people a year.
Your mission: Be the tip of the spear to ensure the Data vision comes to life.
After huge investment in Big Data technologies, the business is now on a quest to become the world's leading data-driven company in their sector. - Needless to say, now is a very exciting time to join.
You'll bear witness to a world-class team looking to push the boundaries in areas such as Big Data & Hadoop, Cloudera & Informatica, through to emerging areas such as Real-Time data streaming and ingestion via Spark and Kafka.
- Joining a newly expanded Architecture team you'll be responsible for shaping and managing future technology architecture with a primary focus on enterprise Data and it's integration.
- Developing and maintaining proper alignment with enterprise architecture principles, standards, patterns, etc.
- Serve as the 'go-to' Data expert within the Architecture function leading on various topics. We are NOT looking for a technical expert, but the more knowledge the better.
- Conduct and/or provide input into the selection of vendor solutions highlighting strengths, weakness and strategic alignment making clear recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of technology strategy and architectural policy, both within focus domains and more broadly
- Acting as Technical Design Authority, review and assess requests that deviate from the published technical strategies, policies and standards to ensure right decisions are made, risks and understood & managed etc.
- Building and subsequently maintaining capability and technology roadmaps that define how Integration and Data platforms, are kept up to date and deliver optimal value for the business
- Driving force in maturing the architecture community & spotting opportunities for improvement
- Must have knowledge within Big Data space, such as Hadoop, Cloudera or similar.
- Be up to date on modern & interesting Big Data topics but not necessarily an expert within them - For example, you'll be able to talk openly about advantages VS disadvantages and your thoughts on emerging tech.
- Strong experience with traditional Data areas, for example, BI, Reporting, MDM, ETL, DWH, etc.
- Strong enterprise architecture skills - particularly in aligning strategic business requirements and the IT architectures & roadmaps needed to deliver against them
- An understanding of total cost ownership of IT assets and functions
- Familiarity with patterns, practices and frameworks of Enterprise Architecture.
to £200.00 per Day
Market Leader in the Design & Manufacture of Casino Games... Read more
Position: QA Engineer
Contract £200 a Day (Initially 6-month contract with extension)
QA Engineer needed for a market leader in the design and manufacture of casino games. My clients are looking for an entry Software Tester to join their Manchester studio. This role offers a wide variety of challenges to solve and explore related to innovative slot game-play concepts and finding creative ways to meet the demands of players around the globe.
Initially the tester will typically work under the mentorship of a senior tester, testing gaming software to ensure it meets required customer, jurisdictional and functional specifications and complies with regulatory requirements, with an expectation to become independent. To Develop and execute test plans and test scripts for game software. Assist in defining test standards. Perform scripted, exploratory, regression, black box testing. Investigate production issues. Review product documentation. Document test methods and findings. Perform troubleshooting and research into defects and communicate to game team.
What you will be doing:
- Test and prove that the software meets functional, system and jurisdictional requirements.
- Prepare test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Work closely with software developers and producers.
- Detect bug issues.
- Prepare file defect reports and report test progress.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Investigate production issues.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
Ideally, your skills will include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, or equivalent commercial working experience.
- 2 years of experience in software quality assurance including test plan development, software testing, experience with test tools, knowledge of quality assurance processes/methodologies.
- Experienced mobile and cross browser testing. Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and team-orientated with a passion for developing high-quality games.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, working side-by-side with other disciplines involved in the game development process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Slot gaming regulations.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
to £55K per Year
Digital Transformation... Read more
- Are you an experienced Business Analyst?
- Have credible Digital transformation experience within web or mobile?
- Keen to work with a close-knit team where you'll affect genuine change?
- Want to help a UK market leader expand internationally?
Location: Welwyn Garden City - 700M walk from the train station + flexible working
The Company: The UK's leading (privately backed) organisation operating at the forefront of the education sector, now with a mission to expand internationally. How? By offering industry-leading digital services and applications in addition to an already tried and tested market offering in the UK.
Your Impact: Central to these aspirations is change and continuous improvement, and that makes it an exciting time to join! As a Business Analyst, you'll help ensure that every change made meets the real needs of customers, delivering tangible, measurable benefits.
- An experienced Business Analyst (4yrs+) who can quickly build trust & rapport
- Digital Transformations involving web, mobile app & API development
- Competent within testing process such as UAT
- Proven requirement elicitation within a complex & changing domain
- Must have worked with very senior stakeholders
- Fluency in Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Lean or Kanban
- Confident to operate in different delivery environments with a focus on the bigger picture whilst remaining pragmatic and operating within known constraints.
- A self-starter, motivated with a strong desire to make a difference
- Gets excited about tough business problems & isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
- You'll push the team and the mission forward with your contributions
- Confident & clear communicator able to influence those around you
Salary: c£50-55k + benefits