Latest IT JobsReceive jobs like these by email
to £300.00 per Day
National Structure Engineer Company... Read more
Role: Server Engineer
Contract: 3 months initially (Possible extension to 6 months)
Day Rate: £300 a day
A national structure engineering company are looking for a Server Engineer. You will take the lead on providing support across the IT Service by responding to requests for IT support logged from colleagues and continual improving IT Service Desk support processes to meet (or exceed) agreed service levels. As the server Engineer you will be providing expert advice to help ensure the IT Service is used in line with how it has been designed and in line with Information and IT Security policies.
What you will be doing:
The role requires excellent Customer focus and Customer Service skills, as well as a good working knowledge of ITIL Service Management processes and high-level technical knowledge and awareness across; desktop, laptop, Mac, tablet and smartphone configurations, including security, to ensure all authorised devices comply with internal policies and external standards such as ISO 27001
- You will need experience in business as usual support of Windows Servers (2012, 2016 & 2019)
- Ideally experience in a VmWare environment.
- Experience of supporting production Hyper V' virtualisation and/or Linux Servers (any version) would be an advantage (but not essential).
- Should be able to demonstrate some proactive and some reactive support skills. For example; monitoring, daily checks, alert management, incident management and service improvement planning.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an ITIL environment will be an advantage (but not essential).
- You should have demonstrable experience of working in a customer focussed environment and in a similar sized organisation (600+ Users, c. 180 VM's).
- Experience of working in an environment certified to Cyber Essentials PLUS (or similar) will be an advantage.
Architect (Data); Big Data, Hadoop - 20% bonus + home/flexi working
to £80K per Year
ID: Data Architect
Architect (Data); Big Data, Hadoop - 20%% bonus + home/flexi working... Read more
I am currently seeking a Technical Architect (Data) for a permanent job opportunity with my client in Bedfordshire.
My client has made a massive investment into a Hadoop Big Data platform that that holds a large amount of data. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting transformation in the way the client stores, analyses and uses data in an innovative growing organisation.
The Technical Architect will provide tech leadership to a data engineering team and play a major role in adhering to big data best practices whilst building and maintaining reliable data pipelines and products across a range of exciting verticals. You will bring your technical experience in big data platforms combined with excellent skills in development to support the business on their road to becoming a data lead organisation.
This role will support the business on the journey from a greenfield big data estate to a mature data lead organisation.
- Providing technical data solutions including design and development of logical and physical data models and databases for BI solutions.
- Lead the Data Engineering board and build patterns and standards for the data engineering teams.
- Work with external parties, suppliers and internal members of the team to research, define and document the solutions and high level designs for projects and initiatives in the data domain
- Work with the development team and Business Analysts to development designs around the platform and data products.
- Manage requirements for BI solutions/systems ensuring that the delivery teams meet set standards around performance, security, code maintainability and supportability.
- Presenting BI solutions where required.
- Maintain and enhance documentation the current state BI Architecture.
- Recommend and lead improvements that can be made to the existing software, the tools and the processes in the BI domain; particularly feed into and help drive BI remediation activities.
- Providing expertise and guidance to the BI development around BI solution/system design and coding
- Develop robust data pipelines
- Build a documentation library for all data pipelines and data catalogue.
- Familiarity in a Unix environment and comfortable with Shell-Scripting, competent hands-on experience with Spark, Python, Hive, Impala.
- Experience of owning data solutions and presenting them at architecture boards.
- Experience with a combination of cloud based Big Data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, Kudu, Python, Oozie, Flume, Kafka) and (OLTP and Data Warehousing)
- Experience with Linux
- Stakeholder management skills at leadership level.
- Extensive Datamodelling experience from conceptual to logical models.
- Up to date knowledge of data and analytical technical domain.
- Good understanding of software best practices, including design principles & patterns, security and performance.
- Ability to explain complex technical information in business terms.
- New technology awareness, evaluation and selection. Running or supporting vendor RFI and RFP process.
- Experience of working in a technology-based role and interfacing to a varied number of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of analysis and development techniques eg SCRUM, Agile & Waterfall
Data Engineer; Big Data - 20% bonus + home/flexi working
to £75K per Day
ID: Data Engineer
Data Engineer; Big Data - 20%% bonus + home/flexi working... Read more
- Are you a Data Engineer with Big Data experience?
- Do you want to work for a company with 25 million new visitors each month?
- Would you like to help the UK's largest company of its type become the leading data driven player in their industry?
- Do you want the opportunity to work 2 days a week from home earn a bonus of up 20%?
If yes to the above, then read on!
Package: £70-75k + 20% bonus, shares, 7% pension, 50% train discount + extensive benefits
Location: Bedfordshire - Direct train links from London
When it comes to innovation and scale few companies can compete. This £6 billion business is the largest of its type in the UK & 8th largest globally and their systems are used by over 240 million people a year, with 25 million unique visitors a month. With a substantial investment into big data platforms it is an exciting time to join and contribute to the development of several cutting-edge systems and applications, as well help them grow for their 10th consecutive year! One of their biggest quests is to become the leading data driven company in their industry.
As a Data Engineer, you will support this business along their journey to becoming the most data driven company of its type in the world. How? By making the invisible - visible by harnessing good quality data and sharing your knowledge of big data best practices.
The challenge? Keeping the company and its 250 million users connected via world-class data in a bid to help people make better formed decision.
you'll bear witness to industry leading technology projects such as Real Time data streaming using Spark & Kafka, looking at new ways to ingest data Into Data Lakes, as well as getting under the bonnet of other technologies such as Hadoop, Cloudera & Informatica.
- Develop robust data pipelines
- Work in a fast-paced agile scrum environment with a release within sprint mentality.
- Coach and mentor the team to improve development standards.
- Building orchestration for data pipelines
- Help the client bind the power of data supporting them with insight, analytics and data science.
- Understanding of the Hadoop Processing and Data Layer eg Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Scala, Spark/API, MapReduce
- Understanding of the Hadoop Storage Layer eg Kudu, HBASE, HDFS.
- Scheduling/Resourcing/Toolsets: Oozie, Zookeeper, YARN
- Understanding of data concepts
- Data Quality Management
- Datamodelling - Normalisation, Dimensional, Data Vault
- Proven experience of delivering complex big data solutions.
- Familiarity in a Unix environment and comfortable with Shell-Scripting, competent hands-on experience with SQL Server, Spark, Spark API, Python, Scala, Hive, Impala.
- Worked on performance tuning within a Big Data environment eg partitioning, bucketing, Spark pipeline.