Latest IT JobsReceive jobs like these by email
Firmware Design Engineer
to £55K per Year
Global corporation that are focused on the development of scientific instrumentation... Read more
Position: Firmware Design Engineer
Location: Near to High Wycombe
Firmware Design Engineer needed to join a global corporation that are focused on the development of scientific instrumentation to help improve the quality of life. They are looking for someone who has a good working knowledge of hardware (including electronics), control systems, and digital signal processing and can also write basic Windows PC test harnesses as necessary to prove out their firmware interfaces.
What you will be doing:
Design, develop and support the real time software components and low-level communications software including:
- The embedded software design within a project and co-ordination of activities with other engineers and designers as required. To understand the electronics and embedded software requirements for new instrumentation and to develop a functional specification for these sub-systems.
- Development and introduction of innovative designs incorporating new technologies where appropriate. To test out new ideas and concepts either by simulation or prototyping.
- Gathering and analysis of system requirements and their translation into a firmware specification in order to provide a fit for purpose solution.
- Working within an interdisciplinary project team to resolve any issues involving the firmware systems performance, development time schedules and resourcing requirements.
- To provide required test specifications, software and hardware to manufacturing and board suppliers.
- To support existing products, documenting changes and improvements.
- Design and analysis of firmware for complex programmable devices and systems of devices.
- Driving the development of prototypes, performance and verification testing.
- Supporting compliance, regulatory and quality requirements related to design activities.
- Engaging in all phases of new product introduction, including concept, architecture documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, and manufacturing introduction.
- Conceptualisation, implementation and verification of complete instrument systems.
- Design releases - technical product documentation (software design & test specifications).
- Transferring firmware to manufacturing, developing firmware download tools, troubleshooting and supporting ramp up.
Technical Experience needed:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Electronics/Physics/Engineering with a Computing bias.
- Proven ability to take embedded software designs from concept through to full manufacturing.
- Experience with multi-threaded embedded software designs using a real-time operating system.
- Ability to test out ideas and concepts either by simulation or hands-on prototyping.
- Ability to program in assembler and higher-level languages such as C/C++.
- Experience with the Microsoft Visual Studio tools or similar for developing test harnesses using C/C++/C#.
- Able to use firmware development tools to troubleshoot own or existing designs.
- Arm / PIC / 68k knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience of Ethernet / USB / Serial / Bluetooth LE comms would be an advantage.
- Experience with general digital hardware designs using glue logics and programmable devices like CPLD, FPGA, ASIC and their programming tools, specifically Altera and Xilinx would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to engage and work closely with members of a cross-functional team particularly in electronics and software.
- Ability to assess technical risk and to formulate effective risk management strategy including analysis and evaluation program.
- Ability to plan projects, including providing timescale estimates, and allocate/prioritise tasks accordingly.
It would be great if you had:
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack.
- Masters or similar qualification in Physics/Electronics Engineering/Computer Science
- Knowledge of physics a plus.
- Optics, electronics or thermal analysis experience a plus
- At least 3yrs MPLAB/Eclipse/IAR experience.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git, Perforce, SVN.
- Experience in developing high precision designs
- Experience of product development within a company making some form of measurement instrumentation an advantage
- Familiarity with product design methodologies such as a life cycle model e.g. PACE
IT Service Anaylst
to £120.00 per Day
MOTORSPORT (Contract) - IT Service Analyst - Northamptonshire - £120pd (12 Months)... Read more
The now 6x Consecutive Formula 1 World Champions’ are seeking a contract IT Service Analyst (1st/2nd line) to join their fast-paced support function. Your primary responsibility will be to provide IT operational support across the business for all IT services. A strong and broad ranging technical and customer focused background is therefore essential to be successful in the role.
This is a hands-on position to support and deliver technical solutions throughout all stages of the ITIL service lifecycle. The jobholder must deliver on both operational and project based tasks, against demanding Service Level Agreements and challenging deadlines, with the drive to exceed customer expectations combined with the ability to offer additional support and guidance to fellow Service desk team members.
Have experience of...
- Previous experience in IT Support (1st/ 2nd line or equivalent) within a medium to large sized enterprise.
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Office 365
- Experience with Active Directory & GPO
- Experience with Windows 10
- Experienced with Networking – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, Cabling
- Client and Mobile Operating Systems
- Capacity, performance and availability monitoring
- Email, telephony and Unified Communications
- Proven continual service improvement experience – ITIL
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Clear & concise communicator
- Motorsport, OEM automotive or engineering background
- Keen interest in Formula 1 & Motorsport
- Application Support - CATIA / MATLAB
- Certifications in either; Microsoft, Cisco or ITIL
Considered as a remote role with occasional visits to offices based in Northamptonshire, Brixworth.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
to €57K per Year
Senior BI Analyst... Read more
I am currently seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst for permanent job opportunity with my client in Berlin. This organisation is a leading online retailer in fast-moving consumer goods and a highly recognised brand in their field. From their founding around 10 years ago they have a portfolio of over 700 brands and approximately 30,000 products. They have received several awards and they are growing rapidly with goals to expand their market reach even further around the globe.
This Senior BI Analyst is a healthy mix of “business” and “hands-on” work. You play a key role in the data and strategy team and will take responsibility for the ongoing analysis, structuring and prioritisation of data / analytics.
You will work with stakeholders from all over the business such as logistics, sales, finance and marketing - some of which will be happy to talk just tech and others will have a more business focus.
- Ongoing analysis of data / analytics from all over the business
- Analysis of high-level business processes that meet the needs of stakeholders and the wider business
- Use your expertise in SQL, Python and Tableau to carry out analysis at a high standard adhering to timelines and requirements
- Work in a cross functional team consisting of BI specialists, Data Scientists and Data Engineers
- Suggesting new tech and new ways of working
- A strong background working in BI, Analytics / Data
- Expert experience in SQL
- Track-record in using multiple BI & Analytics tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- A business flair with ability to articulate to tech and non tech staff / stakeholders
- Good experience with Python
- Fluency in English language
Benefits / Perks
- Flexible / Remote working opportunities
- Office dogs are allowed!
- Pension plan
- Fitness allowance
- Training and career progression opportunities