Embracing a new wave of cutting-edge technology, we have recently launched TechNET-Immersive who are responsible for operating across Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality (including Gaming) across all Industry Sectors. This includes iconic start-ups, to powerhouse projects with global organisations.
Required to communicate to, sell to and negotiate with all levels of clients & candidates alike and deliver high levels of customer service to win preferred/exclusive business agreements for resourcing solutions. They are able to provide expert advice on job advertising, market salaries and skill sets.
The team work in verticals across the Immersive sector, including:
Latest Immersive Technology JobsReceive jobs like these by email
Lead Desktop Support Engineer
to €35K per Year
Independent Games Development Studio... Read more
Lead Desktop Support Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 DOE
We are an independent games development studio based in Guildford, established in 2008. We currently employ just over 170 talented people working on console and PC games. Our teams are an eclectic mix from very technical programmers to highly creative artists, designers, audio specialists. We pride ourselves on our friendly, energetic and collaborative working environment.
We are looking for someone who is able to quickly make a good contribution to the studio. They should have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with using Service Desk software
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Office365
- A minimum of three years desktop support experience.
- The ability to provide a complete desktop support service - installation, configuration, customisation, peripherals (GFX cards, printers, cabling, etc.) and other hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience of building and maintaining laptop/desktop PC images.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting LAN TCP/IP networking, including wired and wireless support.
- Supporting Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365 applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised, work to deadlines and have a flexible attitude.
- Excellent prioritisation skills for day-to-day/BAU/1st & 2nd line queries, for yourself and one other engineer
- Ensuring new hires’ PC and equipment are setup in advance of start date
- Maintaining the stock cupboard. (i.e. ensuring sufficient stock levels and ensuring the room is tidy
- Ensuring the desktop engineer lab desks/area is tidy and well-organised.
- Ensuring we have sufficient licenses for common apps for new hires
- Hardware and software troubleshooting (desktop, laptop, printer, etc.). Must be to component level (i.e. RAM/CPU/DISK/PSU/etc.).
- Ensuring all physical hardware is asset tagged and all software is registered within our asset system.
- Building and maintaining documentation for common desktop processes.
- Working with KACE
- Working with MacOS, iOS or Android systems
- PC performance tuning
- Previous experience of working in games studio.
DevOps Build Engineer
Successful Gaming Studio... Read more
Role: DevOps Build Engineer
Location: East London
Working exclusively with one of the most successful gaming studios in the UK – an incessantly successful and profitable company, now looking to expand the full-time staff as they push the boundaries of both current and emerging gaming platforms.
Seeking a DevOps Build & Release Engineer with a passion for managing and designing builds, automating and maintaining build deployment, continuous delivery and integration systems for mobile platforms.
You will be pivotal in driving the direction of this area in the studio, working primarily with mobile teams to continually improve deployment and delivery systems to ensure the studio teams are supported for production.
- Research, develop and implement new technologies in build engineering and continuous deployment to improve general workflow to support existing and future projects and products.
- Maintain and improve our deployment tools and systems to facilitate build automation and continuous deployment.
- Monitor and support deployment systems and identify and fix live issues.
- Work with the various teams in the studio to assess requirements and plan and design road maps for implementing improvements.
- Work with IT team to spec out requirements and get the necessary IT infrastructure implemented.
- Provide engineering support for game live operations.
To be successful in this position
You will have exposure to;
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Experience in Configuration Management.
- Experience with third-party hosted managed infrastructure and cloud technologies.
- Coordinate the various stages of deployment, and ensure all locations are updated correctly.
- Experience with Windows Server technologies and troubleshooting.
- Some knowledge of SQL and relational databases, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server hosted in the cloud.
What’s in it for you?
The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
They look after its staff’s well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are five staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). They’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry.
- Free gym membership
- Benefits package
- Flexible working schedule
- Private Healthcare
- Brand new office in Stratford
- Work canteen
Software Engineer (DevOps)
ID: CLO - AUT - DEV
Software Engineer (DevOps) - Cambridge - Competitive Salary... Read more
Location – Cambridge
- Do you want to work for an exciting Powerhouse Gaming studio?
- Are you looking to be a part of a ground-breaking company pushing the boundaries for Virtual World and Online games?
- Want to work for a company that listen to every member of staff and encourage creativity?
- Are you looking for a career that makes you excited to come in on Monday?
What to Expect
- You will be welcomed into a friendly environment where creativity is encouraged.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership
- Identify, debug, and resolve potential issues in the development pipeline.
- Manage cloud-based infrastructure and workflows for both development and production environments.
- Manage internally ran services (DNS, Active Directory, Git).
- Implement tools to optimise workflow and game development.
- Be an enthusiastic part of our scrum team, taking part in planning and stand-ups.
- Design and implement automated systems for core infrastructure.
- Optimise, Analyse, and Maintain currently implemented systems.
- Improve CI and release pipelines and automate the process where possible.
- Take responsibility for in-house installation/maintenance of infrastructure hardware.
- Experience with managing infrastructure in-house.
- Great knowledge of internet Troubleshooting and Networking.
- Willingness to investigate and experiment with new emerging technologies.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- 3+ years commercial experience of common scripting languages.
- Significant experience using public cloud environments (GCP/AWS).