First-class recruitment solutions
In today’s culture of rapid technological expansion, it is more vital than ever for your company to stay ahead of the competition. Every company’s worth is measured by their personnel, and so finding the elite staff to drive forward the ambitions and innovation of your business is crucial to your long term success.
TechNET IT offers an unrivalled service in the provision of first-class recruitment solutions to the UK and across the globe. Established in 2001, we have sharpest, most knowledgeable specialist recruiters in industry. Whereas other recruiters will profess to say they cover multiple sectors with confidence, we can truly offer a boutique technology solution within each of the following sectors:
With fingertip access to highly accomplished candidates, we can offer clients the shining talent to meet all recruitment requirements. By knowing our candidates inside out, you can count on us to provide applicants that really hit the mark.
For more information, please email [email protected].
The New TechNet IT Recruitment App
Manage your own profile, We value your candidate experience. Here you can view vacancies, Update your interview availability, upload documents, update contact details or remove them.
Buckinghamshire, West Yorkshire
to £250.00 per Day
Large Liability And Insurance Company... Read more
£200 - £250pd
6 Months Contract
My client is looking for an experienced Portfolio Analyst to join their large property & liability insurance team of over 500 employees based in Halifax. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of agile methodology and practices (Scrum, Kanban) as well as being able to maintain project and/or programme plans, including risks, actions, issues and dependencies.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Assisting in the day to day management of IT projects and products, working with the Lead Portfolio Analyst, Product Owners and Agile Delivery Leads to ensure that each individual project/product is well governed in line with the change operating model
- Produce summary reporting for the wider stakeholder community, including; fortnightly and monthly portfolio reports, working with contributors and liaising with delivery teams to ensure they are completed to the desired standard and on-time
- Maintaining the portfolio tracker by tracking the status of inflight projects/products, including; tracking various governance gates, updating costs of delivery and benefits realisation information.
- Develop, create and maintain regular summary Agile performance reporting working with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and delivery leads
- Providing support and administration for the various IT governance meetings
Support the Lead Portfolio Analyst as follows:
- Maintain our on-line filing system, updating where required and ensure team members are contributing to this where appropriate
- Attend, facilitate and support all portfolio governance meetings (including specific project and programme boards where necessary)
- Supporting the collation of new product/project proposals ahead of each review meeting and ensuring all relevant processes are adhered to
- Manage the update and release of new version(s) of the portfolio tracker, initiation templates, and project status reporting templates as needed on a periodic basis including its communication and roll out
- Assist in keeping various portfolio and governance reference documents accurate and up-to date
- Assist in the preparation of presentation packs for governance meetings when required
- Support quality reviews of proposals and projects within the portfolio ensuring the information is accurate and robust
- Support in the delivery of activities relating to the IT communication plan
- Ensure that projects/teams comply with the portfolio/project governance processes and standards
- Co-ordinate and capture suggested changes and improvement recommendations to governance processes as they are being used
- Support in maintaining and releasing new versions of the governance process
- Gather reporting metrics that provide a clear picture on the progress of the IT portfolio
- Support with the IT communication plan
What would we like to see in you?
Experience and knowledge
- Managing business and stakeholder groups
- Supporting product/project governance practices
- Maintaining project and/or programme plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies
- Meeting governance - preparing agendas, issuing minutes, minute taking
- The coordination and collation of status reports
- Knowledge of agile methodology and practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Microsoft packages - Powerpoint, Word and Excel
Nice to have
- Experience and knowledge
- PMO tools
- Benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
- Performance metric reporting for agile teams
IT Infrastructure Server Engineer
to £45K per Day
Renowned automotive manufacturer... Read more
Role: IT Infrastructure Server Engineer
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
Location: Hethel, Norwich
My client is a world renowned automotive manufacturer are looking for an IT Infrastructure Server Engineer to join their team on a Full time basis due to expansion of their IT Department
To provide a high quality IT Service to the business by the effective management and control, of the IT environment and specialist support organisations.
Provide 3rd line support of the IT Infrastructure estate, including:
- Management of IT Service incidents to resolution
- Technical resolution of IT Service incidents
- Liaison with specialist support organisations
- Technical input for system maintenance and outages
- IT Service Policy and process definition and enforcement
- Implementation of IT Change requests
- Adherence to IT Service, Change and Security processes and procedures
- Support documentation for BAU take-on
- Provide input and deliver the Strategy (including upgrade roadmap) for all IT Infrastructure systems
- Participate in strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Participate in the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and continuity plan.
- Prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT Infrastructure systems organization.
Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
- ITIL v2 awareness
- Professional IT qualification - MCSA, MCITP, MCSE or MCP
- Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 7, XP, 2000) with imaging management and deployment tools (SCCM/SCOM/Ghost)
- Diagnostic tools (BART PE)
- Windows server operating systems (Windows 2003 and 2008)
- Operating system patch management (SCCM/WSUS).
- Windows server functionalities (DHCP, DNS, WINS, Print Servers)
- Microsoft Office Suite (2003 onwards)
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Advanced PC skills (MS Office and MS Project)
- Methodical, Analytical
- Wide experience in administering IT systems, providing 2nd/3rd line support, with medium/large environments
Technical support (Partenon)
Global Leading Banking Company... Read more
Technical support (Partenon)
Day rate dependant on experience
10 Months Contract
Partenon Support provide a 2nd/3rd line function dealing with the acceptance and ownership of Partenon IT Remedy incidents. Partenon Support also provide a testing function to complete post change acceptance testing for Implementation Infrastructure changes.
The primary purpose and fundamentals of this role are to Manage remedy incidents meeting agreed procedures and timescales. Validate incident impact by performing dummy transactions to aid resolution and impact assessment. Interface with the Major Incident Team by identifying incident trends. Provide post implementation testing for all standard infrastructure changes. Create test scripts.
- ITIL Foundation. (Desirable)
- ISTQB Foundation. (Desirable)
- BMC Remedy experience.
- Experience of change control systems / workflow systems.
- Experience of testing, liaising with Stakeholders/Project management and hands on management of testing activity.
- Understanding of the end to end activities involved in UAT and Production testing.
- Previous Customer Service experience gained ideally in a Banking and/or IT environment.
- Partenon product knowledge.
- Good understanding of IT Systems and technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Focussed and flexible team player.
- System testing experience.
You will maintain onsite cover 07:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00 to 12:00 Saturday. Provide a 24/7 support function for the Implementation teams to enable testing and validation.
Provide a 24/7 support function to the Major Incident Team to proactively resolve problems and conflicts/escalations as they arise.
Careers Secured in 2018
Projects in Action
Citrix engaged TechNET IT Recruitment Limited to deliver a team of Developers and Testers for requirements in Cambridge and Chalfont, the requirements were in areas which are hard to find and classed as niche in our market place. We have an internal recruitment team and a PSL but we felt we needed a partner on this for 100% focus. TechNET IT did not disappoint. Having approached TechNET IT to see if they could fulfil the positions, we held a meeting with the hiring manager concerned and the experienced consultants who would be providing the talent acquisition for the project. This proved useful for all parties as it further confirmed we were dealing with a company who know what they are doing in this space. Some of the questions and understanding in the technical brief really impressed our hiring managers. TechNET IT were able to source suitable candidates for the positions and also carry out the initial screening process/interviews which saved us time and made sure we only saw the best and most suitable candidates. I would not hesitate to contact TechNET IT again should we need to carry out a project such as this again and look forward to using TechNET as part of our Tier 1 PSL for all future positions.
Senior Talent Acquisition
Abbey National (now Santander)
TechNET IT were truly interested in understanding our real requirements and criteria for vacancies and put forward good calibre candidates with appropriate skills and capabilities, this meant we were able to save time by interviewing fewer and moving to selection and appointment very speedily. Highly recommended and will use again for the future.
IT Relationship Manager
I have been working with Rocio in hiring a number of complex and niche roles for eBay over the last year. Rocio is a one of the most professional people I have worked with in recruitment, honest, always available and quick to follow up. She has a great customer centric focus making sure she understands your needs in order to find the best candidates to suit your company and role. In addition she is friendly and a pleasure to deal with and has the all important can-do attitude. I would highly recommend Rocio – bottom line she WILL find talented people to join your team.
Head of Organic Growth
TechNET contacted me in early 2016 to engage with us on the delivery of high calibre candidates within Java, Frontend and Ruby development. At the time we weren’t looking to engage with an agency and they took that on-board and was happy to be contacted should we require their assistance. Several months later I called and engaged TechNet on a trial basis. The team delivered quality candidates across Java, frontend and Ruby Web Development. They visited our office to understand the culture, environment and local area and kept in touch without ever pushing. The team at TechNet took the time to understand us as a client and what we were looking for, and were able to deliver high caliber candidates in to Sky in Leeds making a couple of placements. They always remained professional and it’s clear they deliver for a long lasting partnership with clients.