‹ Back to search results
Systems Network Engineer
United Kingdom - Greater Manchester
to £45K per Year
Locations: Altrincham, Greater Manchester
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
We're looking for someone to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. To deploy, configure, maintain and monitor software, hardware, Servers and networks in order to ensure an uninterrupted, compliant service.
You must have strong IT skills in all aspects of hardware, software and connectivity. You will have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses within the IT systems. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals. You will be self-driven, work autonomously and have excellent time-management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Fully support, configure, maintain infrastructure including IT network, Servers and security systems, printing system, email systems, databases, testing computer equipment, Firewalls, malware and other software and hardware
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Maintain the patch management system with routine reviews and convenient update schedules
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that may arise, using Change Management System and IT Helpdesk
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server/network administration
- To work with any member of the team or third party to project manage activities that may arise through evolution, growth or restructuring
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems in line with company policies and obligations to third parties.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server, Virtualization, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Exchange online, PowerShell skills
- Strong Networking skills (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, VLAN, switch management, WLAN)
- Responsible for ensuring relevant Backups are in place and ensuring these are regularly monitored/tested
- Knowledge of security-related tools ie Nessus, SIEM, FIM
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing environments
- ITIL knowledge