‹ Back to search results
SQL Data Engineer
United Kingdom - Remote
to £650.00 per Day
SQL Data Engineer required to join a UK based housing company backed by one of the largest real estate investment firms.
You will be responsible for bringing together all data sources into an Azure Cloud Data Warehouse to be leveraged for BI reporting ML initiatives and analytics. Day to day you will be designing, implementing, and maintaining multiple cloud and on-premises SQL environments, ensuring data integrity, security and performance are maintained to a high standard and using a best practice approach to deliver continuous improvement of an industry leading platform.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Design and build the very best data warehouse components
- Designing, building, and maintaining quality ETLs and ELTs
- Monitoring the SQL & BI Estate
- Migration of on-premises BI SQL data infrastructure to Azure Cloud database
- Using Cloud tools and appropriate data connectors for the extraction of data from business systems.
- Engineering and maintaining all supporting data designs and updating their documentations.
- Providing support by responding to user requests and questions.
- Ensuring on-going integrity of data and compliance to GDPR.
- Being on the lookout for ways to enhance monitoring, discovering issues and delivering better value to the customer.
- Working with external stakeholders and suppliers to manage reporing and analytics infrastructure
- University degree or equivalent
- Experience of SQL operations; queries, query optimisation, joins, entity, normalisation, views, functions and stored procedures
- MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS.
- Azure and on-premise SQL Development and Data Engineering
- Azure Cloud Services data engineering toolsets; Azure Analysis Services, Azure Automation Account (inc Runbooks), Logic App, Azure PowerShell, Azure Functions, Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines.
- Visual Studio
- SSAS Azure Analysis Services
- Microsoft data migration assistance tool
- API Development (Azure functions)
- MS Power BI (and related tools)
- MS Power Apps
- ITIL Foundation