‹ Back to search results
United Kingdom - London
to £85K per Year
Solution Architect (Senior Technologist)
Location: 100% Remote
A global association of over 850-member companies that generate US$2 trillion in revenue and serve five billion customers across 180 countries. They drive collaboration and collective problem- solving to maximize the business success of communication and digital service providers and their ecosystem of suppliers around the world.
Their vision is to drive the next wave of digital business growth – the digitisation of every industry – by providing a common innovation platform to connect businesses, industries, and ecosystems. They do this in a highly practical and agile way through collaboration programs and communities which lead to rapid prototypes – ranging from digital business models to interconnectivity APIs – that have real world commercial applications.
To provide strong technical leadership with a rigorous engineering and operational excellence mindset,
a highly collaborative and inclusive attitude, and a desire to be hands-on. This role provides technical leadership for our collaboration projects, helping our customers bridge the gap from traditional telecoms IT systems, network technologies and operational processes to the new ‘cloud native’ world of Open APIs, microservices, model driven architectures, DevOps, and game-changing technologies such as Cloud Native IT, Autonomous Networks and Edge Computing. Balance the need to drive forward new thinking in response to technology and industry trends while at the same time supporting The Businesses members to transform their traditional telecoms landscape for this new world.
DAY TO DAY
- Strong track record of leading digital transformations including identifying architectural patterns, creating abstract models, and developing practical solutions.
- Experience of leading diverse technical teams in the implementation of technical transformations
- Will have a broad technology knowledge, being deep in some areas. The ability to learn quickly and adapt are key to this role.
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud native technologies
- Maintaining and communicating up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, skills change, and emerging technologies
- Strong Understanding of traditional application architecture and cloud native application architecture and their relationships to transformation activities
- Knowledge of Cloud/Hybrid commercial models
- Experience of the application of reference architectures and data models to enable business transformation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- You will understand customer (internal and external) needs and keep customer satisfaction at the forefront of your work.
- Digital business literacy including understanding business models, ecosystems, and business model innovation. Experience of agile methods and their implications for Enterprise Architecture.
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Technology neutral; remains unbiased towards any specific technology or vendor choice. Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity.
- A passion for and interest in technology solutions specifically in the fields of IT and Telecoms
- Experience working face to face with customers in a consultative environment building rapport and long-standing relationships.
- Experience with team management.
- Familiar with agile product development methodology.
- Proven capability of seeking out customer insights and understanding customer feedback to work with internal teams to validate business requirements.
- Confident liaising with all levels of seniority
- Has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and create longstanding relationships, with an ability to work well with people from very diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to pick up new systems, duties, and processes easily.