‹ Back to search results
Solution Architect (Â£85k + 20% - 70 user platforms)
United Kingdom - Luton
Solution Architect – 70 million user platforms
- Are you a credible solution architect with at least 4 years of SA experience?
- Have experience across both commercial & operational focused systems & project?
- Worked on solutions involving SOA, Distributed and/or Micro-services architecture?
- Keen to work for a world leading business supporting over 70 million customers?
Location & Remote Working:
- Twice per week in the office – Bedfordshire area and 3 days remote
- Direct train links from London in approx. 1 hour (50% rail discount) + free parking
- At least 3-4 years of experience a Solution Architect
- Working on £ multi-million projects / solutions
- Designing solutions based on Micro-services / SOA / Event-Driven or similar
- Knowledge of API design
- Recent experience working on operational focused systems
- Working within a large and genuinely complex enterprise business/brand
Bonus Points for:
- Having a software developer OR Technical Architecture background
- .Net and Cloud focused solution experience
- Retail or E-commerce sector knowledge
When it comes to innovation and scale few companies compare. This multi-billion business is the largest of its type in the UK & 10th largest globally. Their platforms are used by over 70 million people a year, as much as 40k concurrently, across 35 countries, 24/7 and 365 days a year.
The Role & Your Impact:
- Designing & defining complex enterprise-scale solutions across the entire business portfolio, with a specific focus on both operational and commercial systems at scale. Examples include multi-million 4 year programmes on Digital Safety & Security, Global Operations Systems and Commercial /.com platforms & Digital Channels
- Collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders and peers of both technical and non-technical areas; Software Development, Data, Security, Operations, Commercial, Legal and more.
- Act as a driving force in maturing the architecture community & spotting opportunities for improved best practice.
- Defining High-Level Designs in conjunction with Enterprise and Technical Architect teams
- Focused on large scale/distributed applications & systems that make use of REST/SOA, Micro-services, Event-based systems Architecture, cloud, etc.
- Defining complex IT solutions which have a cross-functional impact, implementing new technology/architecture approaches where needed.
- Work with technology and wider business teams + collaborating with Technical & Enterprise Architects and Delivery Managers to ensure solutions meet the long-term business goals
- Defining and owning your area, identifying key areas of technical risk or complexity, proposing appropriate POCs and providing architectural guidance to third parties