‹ Back to search results
Software Development Manager
United Kingdom - Newport Pagnell
to £80K per Year
- Do you want to take charge of leading a developer team for world renowned brands?
- Keen to work for award-winning, leading international digital agency?
- Are you interested in championing new and emerging technologies?
A top international digital agency with 18 offices in UK, USA, Canada, India, Australia, Singapore and Latin America. The UK HQ houses approximately 300 people and the offices have recently undergone a major refurbishment. Working on bespoke software platforms and services for well renowned clients such as Audi, VW and many more.
LOCATION: Milton Keynes, currently they’re working 100% remote until the lockdown is over
THE ROLE: As a Software Development Manager you’ll be taking lead for a team of 13 developers whilst also collaborating with 2 international teams. You must be able to act as support for technical employees and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, ensuring a constant, seamless delivery for all projects.
One of your most critical ongoing tasks will be designing a clear roadmap with the CTO that includes development methodologies & tools to be implemented which align with business objective.
- One of your biggest challenges will be streaming the delivery of software development projects in terms of speed VS quality.
- The ability to accurately forecast the cost of work on both small and long projects, holding engineers and stakeholders to account.
- Ensure that you champion software development best practice; be it patterns, standard or approach.
- Champion and drive the adoption of modern and emerging technology and act the face of engineering within the business.
- Manage, mature and grow the engineering function around in terms of technical skill and resource capability.
- Act as the tip of the speer - not necessarily a hands-on developer but respected by your peers and credible enough to talk code with them.
- Work with the business to ensure short & long-term development strategy is stable, current and meets the business goals.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive salary, £65,000 - £80,000 + annual bonus!!
- Home working, sometimes as often as 4 days a week
- 25 days holiday increasing over time
- Personal and team training budget + online access
- Extensive baby-care and childcare
- Extended maternity and paternity
- Life assurance