‹ Back to search results
Site Reliability Engineering Lead
United Kingdom - Luton
Site Reliability Engineering Lead - Luton
- Are you a skilled Programmer with Site Reliability experience?
- Do you stay up to date with technology trends and seek to innovate and champion new emerging tech?
- Keen to support architects in the creation of a robust reliable end-to-end architecture?
- Could you act as an escalation point to help triage and resolve major complex issues?
- Would you relish the opportunity to be manage applications and systems worth £5b in yearly revenue.
The role will sit within the web production support team (the main team responsible for triaging major issues and ensuring the uptime of the website). The role will report into the senior digital operations manager.
The role will help steer the application support engineers within web production support but also other commercial support areas too.
Location: Encouraged to work from home, one day a week in the office minimum, Luton.
Free on-site parking + direct London trains in as little as 1 hour.
Salary : £70-85k + 20% bonus (re-aligned for 2021 performance!)
Benefits: 7% pension contribution, life assurance, <£3k share reward, 2 share schemes, 25 days holiday + the option to buy and sell + a flexible benefits scheme offering things such as income protection, dental, medical, childcare and much more!
When it comes to innovation and scale few can compare. Not only the largest company in their sector but their platforms keep over 100 million users connected around the world. At peak their applications are used by over 20 million customers a month resulting in £1M of daily transactions, 40k concurrent users and £5B of revenue.
- Strong programming experience (including .net C#)
- Experience with APM tools (preferably App Dynamics)
- Experience of managing monitoring and logging solutions (preferably ELK)
- An understanding of performance and capacity management of a highly transactional application
- Good understanding of design best practices, including design principles & patterns, security and performance.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- New technology awareness
- Experience of adhering to and ensuring compliance to OWASP standards
- Experience of working in a technology-based role and interfacing to a varied number of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of operating in a distributed agile model and in supporting onshore and offshore delivery teams
- Practical experience of analysis and development techniques e.g. SCRUM, Agile & Waterfall
What you can expect:
- To become a technical subject matter expert in the end to end view of the commercial and operation systems.
- Attending relevant TDD/architecture sessions to ensure solutions will function reliably in production
- Collaborating with enterprise architecture and peers to identify and agree the technical standards, frameworks, tooling and patterns for technical solutions adhering to enterprise standards and best practice.
- Out of hours oncall as an escalation point to triage complex issues
- EXPERIENCED - You have battle scars well-rounded programming knowledge
- WISE - Able to draw on your past experience and "lessons learned"
- ADAPTABLE - you naturally provide ideas on how to engineer solutions to complex problems
- RESILIENT - setbacks don't phase you & you focus on long term and short-term goals
- CREDIBLE – Able to hold your own and a natural leader