‹ Back to search results
Senior Technology Delivery Manager (Â£80-95k + 30%, 80% remote)
United Kingdom - Luton
Senior Technology Delivery Manager
- Are you an experienced Senior Delivery Manager in the technology space?
- Keen to join the forward-thinking start-up arm of a major £3B global business?
- Well versed in delivering bespoke software & tech projects/programmes?
- Highly experienced within Agile tech and product teams?
- Ambitious, keen to drive change and see yourself as a future senior tech leader?
Location & Remote Working: 2 days p/week in the office, 3 days remote
Package: £80-90k, <30% bonus, 7% pension, share scheme, healthcare, childcare, dental and more!
- At least 8 years of technical delivery experience (not service delivery)
- Strong track record in delivering large scale but bespoke technology projects
- Well versed in modern Agile methodology, including Dev-Ops
- Experience working in a high-speed environment NOT a slow-moving corporate
- Commercial acumen and working with directors/board
- Strong stakeholder management skills - MUST be approachable yet assertive
- Technical knowledge and E-commerce sector experience are a bonus
The Company: Voted Britain's Most Admired Company in its sector for the 2nd year running, this £ multi-billion online business is the largest of its type in the UK & Europe. When it comes to innovation and scale few companies compare. Their platforms are used by over 100 million people a year across 35 countries, and they lead the industry in digital, data, web, engineering and operations innovation.
Your Impact: You'll join an exciting start-up arm launched in 2019 which is already seeing credible growth and has ambitious operational plans for the next few years. You'll benefit from the financial security, investment and brand name of the group company but work independently from them with homegrown teams who've adopted their own unique process and agile methods from day one, with little to no technical debt. Sounds great, right?
As a Senior Technology Delivery Manager and reporting to the Tech Director, you'll focus on delivering a broad spectrum of new and existing bespoke E-commerce platforms used by customers and B2B partners around the world. Circa £10M or projects are funded for this year but £20-£25M are already outlined for 2022 and 40 hires planned.
- Build and govern a robust delivery process that stems from tried and tested experience that's low in risk but high in efficiency.
- x2 direct reports (Technical BA's) but work with a wider function of some 60+ people
- Slot into a product focused function that are cloud-native and Agile/Dev-Ops first
- Understand the challenges and bottlenecks your peers face and help to remove blockers where possible to improve delivery
- Coordinate with a broad range of Agile tech teams including Engineering, Data, Support, Info-Sec, QA and more.
- Work with Heads of and Directors to ensure the WHAT we're doing, WHY we're doing it and HOW we're going to do it are understood, agreed and executed effectively
- Mobilize the necessary resource teams so that deliverables can be actioned, both internal teams and external partners
- Manage and own the supplier relationship - holding to account on cost, quality, efficiency and assess future suppliers
- Lead team to success on a broad spectrum of bespoke software/tech projects