An international payments business helping move money around the world. They became part of Ant Group in 2019, accelerating our mission to create the world’s best platform for international trade by combining their products with Ant’s solutions aimed at enabling the digitalisation of the modern services industry globally.
They have a shared purpose ‘to make it easy to do business anywhere.’ They are advancing their shared aim of bringing innovative, inclusive and affordable services to small and medium-sized businesses and online merchants in the rapidly growing area of cross-border trade.
Our client are seeking a talented Senior Salesforce Admin to join their Salesforce team based in London to help deliver CRM that is customer-centric and user-friendly.
In 2021, they plan to unlock a wealth of new capabilities at an accelerated pace, improving efficiency, increasing speed, and boosting stability and synergy across all lines of business.
Senior Salesforce Administrator will work as part of the wider Salesforce team dedicated to maximising efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system based on the various user group needs. Senior Salesforce Administrator will be the "go to" for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions as well as will be configuring, maintaining and customizing Sales Cloud and Service Cloud applications in Salesforce Lightning environment.
- ADM201 Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Proven previous hands-on Salesforce administration and configuration experience maintaining and customizing Sales Cloud and Service Cloud applications in Salesforce Lightning environment
- Excellent analytical skills and strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard Salesforce reporting and dashboards functionality on Salesforce Lightning.
- Proficiency working in a fast-paced environment and multitasking.
- An ability to work independently and complete work allocated on time as well as to work well in a team to deliver more complex projects.
- Listening skills, excellent customer service skills, and strong professional written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyse and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance, and instructions to users.
- Experience working at a financial services company or within another highly regulated industry would be beneficial.
- Experience of using Salesforce platform languages: Apex, SOQL and Lightning as well as advanced administration tools like process builder, flow and custom settings would be beneficial.
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Solutions and Web API development would be beneficial (especially experience working with Talend ETL tool)
- Support Salesforce tech lead in effectively designing and implementing Sales and Service Cloud features, with a focus on delivering scalable solutions using Salesforce best practices.
- Assist in ensuring the CRM is accurate and well maintained through procedure updates and monitor CRM data health on a daily basis to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvement.
- Provide effective and responsive first line support to all users by troubleshooting system issues and taking ownership of Salesforce Support helpdesk
- Handle administrative functions including user account maintenance, data loading, creating or updating Ul views, updating standard and custom fields, creating validation rules and more complex customisations as required.
- Modify case setup, entitlement rules and omni-channel.
- Train users, hold workshops on an on-going basis ensuring Salesforce best practice is adhered to.
- Create and manage email and mail merge templates (in HTML is an advantage)
- Assist with routine admin tasks, regular internal system audits and follow up actions.
- Document and maintain Salesforce processes, best practices and user guides.
- Provide other support functions as needed.
£60,000 to £65,000 per annum