‹ Back to search results
Senior Engineering Manager - Security
United Kingdom - London
to $300K per Year
Role: Lead Engineering Manager, Security
Location: Remote (US - EET, EU - CET)
Salary: Up to $275,000
I am partnered with one of the world’s leading consumer tech organisations as they look to add a passionate and experienced Engineering Lead to their security team. The successful applicant will provide strategic and tactical direction to the business’ security engineering teams, working closely with engineering and product management piers to drive the continued evolution of the Cyber Security function. The client’s mission is to develop and nurture a suite of robust, scalable products at speed, in doing so enabling employees throughout the business to work freely and securely.
While this is a security leadership position, the client is keen to speak with leaders from a variety of engineering and software development backgrounds who maintain a passion for cybersecurity. The successful candidate will have a superb understanding of the software development lifecycle, outstanding experience leading and coaching teams of Engineering Managers, be an enthusiastic and proactive collaborator well-used to working closely with representatives from product management, and be an inspirational, collaborative leader who empowers those around them.
The business is globally renowned as an employer with a superb corporate culture who provides a great place to work. They are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and healthy engineering practices and as a people-leader, the eventual post-holder with uphold these ideals, ensuring that all security teams are set up for success. This means prioritising overall team health, tech health, and delivery.
- Help the team of Engineering Managers meet and exceed their potential through effective leadership, collaboration, and coaching; provide a good balance of support and autonomy
- Nurture a culture of inclusion and ensure healthy engineering practices
- Work closely with the product lead to ensure that OKRs and roadmaps are delivered to a high standard and within then given timeframe
- Make quality and tech health priorities throughout the organisation
- Actively and effectively manage delivery and maintenance risk, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure that the team is delivery focused while protecting them from burnout
- Deliver an effective and productive balance between innovation, support, and maintenance
- Experience leading a team of Engineering Managers and overseeing multiple high-performing engineering teams
- Outstanding soft skills and demonstrable experience in people management
- Prioritise people and team development, great products will follow
- Good understanding and experience with data-informed, value-slicing, agile product development
- Highly skilled strategic thinker, able to pick apart ambiguity and provide clarity
- Very comfortable making impactful decisions, e.g. Buy vs Build
- Passionate about CSEC, risk management, and compliance, keen to share that passion to motivate your team and be a security evangelist throughout the wider organisation
This is a truly exceptional opportunity in a strategically vital role for one of the world’s most desirable employers. I look forward to receiving your application.