‹ Back to search results
QA Project Lead
United Kingdom - London
to £35K per Year
QA Project Lead
Location: London (WFH 3-4 days a week)
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000
They are one of the world’s leading publishers of games on PC and Consoles based in London.
Since first established in 2013, they’ve been working with some of the world’s best game developers to help bring their games to the broadest possible audiences all over the world.
As a QA Project Lead, you would be responsible for owning the quality and QA processes related to the titles that they Produce. Working closely with the Head of QA and the project’s production team, we aim to get excellent games out to more people on more platforms than ever before.
You will be predominantly using external test teams to augment the internal QA efforts. In order to do this effectively you will need to be familiar with a variety of game production processes and planning and have a pro-active attitude.
Additionally, you’d be expected to advise on and even arrange organising budgets and vendors at appropriate junctures to maximise the testing efficiency of your projects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working on Development Teams or at a publisher as a QA Lead
· Ability to direct external test teams using effective tasking processes
· Strong ability to produce defect reports that accurately represent the status of a project’s quality
· Skilled at predicting bug growth for a projects and features and utilising these skills to help predict team ramp ups and down with good lead times
· Outstanding test planning skills that can be used to both create and teach junior staff members how to create efficient and effective test plans
· Strong IT literacy
· 5+ years of QA testing experience within video games
· May have more technical experience when it comes to testing Network related error handling
· Great knowledge of XRs, TRCs and LotCheck requirements as well as familiarity with Steamworks
· Familiarity with Exploratory and Destructive test sessions
· Self-driven, problem-solver with demonstrable critical thinking skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with remote development teams.
· Excellent Jira skills
· Familiarity with Test Management suites and tools