‹ Back to search results
IT Systems Analyst
United Kingdom - London
to £70K per Year
IT Systems Analyst
Hybrid Working (2-day per week in onsite)
£65,000 to £70,000
Our client is an independent provider of asset financing across Europe in eight countries including the UK, with total assets of approximately €4 billion. It has over 20,000 unique customers in the UK ranging from large corporates to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), providing leasing solutions across a broad range of asset classes, from business equipment to plant and machinery. Transactions vary in size from £1,000 up to £5 million. The client has long standing experience supporting SMEs with their financing requirements and is focused on expanding and strengthening the relationships it has across more than 500 partners, brokers, and vendors in both the UK and continental Europe.
The business is complemented by their business finance division, which provides flexible leasing, lease purchase, and lending options to approximately 1500 corporate UK customers, helping to finance their vehicle, plant & machinery, and business equipment needs.
The business is looking for an IT Systems Analyst to join their talented team. Applicants are required to have diverse experience in many IT areas including database administration, report building, application development & configuration, analysis and troubleshooting. The IT Systems Analyst will be responsible for the company’s reporting suite using SSRS, database monitoring, maintenance & support in PostgreSQL for Azure and Microsoft SQL Server, and configuration & management of several vended software solutions.
To succeed in this role, you should have experience managing & administering databases, ideally MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL including job management, backup/restore processes, database monitoring, SQL optimization & tuning. You will also have experience writing, maintaining and deploying SSRS reports, managing SSRS permissions, and report scheduling via SSRS subscriptions. Additionally, you have diverse experience and knowledge of IT tools & utilities such as VisualCron, Splunk, JBoss, ActiveMQ. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. The ability to develop options, and provide comparative analyses is critical. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team, where you will be given a mixture of tasks to deliver, supporting other team members as well as participating in project related delivery tasks.
• Monitor, maintain, administer & improve Postgresql and MS SQL Server databases.
• Write, test, maintain and deploy SSRS reporting platform.
• Become the team expert & lead on various IT utilities such as VisualCron (scheduling), Splunk (log management and analysis, reporting & alerts), JBoss (application deployment), AcitveMQ (messaging).
• Have experience with configuring and maintaining vended software platforms for business use.
• Excited to learn new tasks, processes and platforms.
• Estimate and track tasks and other work items against project deadlines.
• Educate team members through training and individual support.
Skills & Experience
• 5 years of transferrable experience.
• Strong educational background in Information Technology or Computer Science.
• Experience and understanding of a core finance/banking system/solution.
• Broad understanding of the Financial Services regulatory framework.
• Experience in Alfa, InfoLease, Oracle Financial, SAGE, SAP FI or other financial leasing or GL software experience is highly preferred.
• Be curious, pro-active and forward thinking.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly recognise, isolate, and resolve technical problems.
• Have Windows, Windows Server and Linux experience.
• Be familiar with systems architecture and integration methods.
• Coding familiarity would be an asset, JAVA/Kotlin preferred.
• Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks appropriately and adapt quickly to project changes.
- Highly responsive and adaptable team player