‹ Back to search results
Infrastructure Security Engineer
United Kingdom - Oxford
to £65K per Year
Infrastructure Security Engineer required to join the SecOps for a scaling ISP. You will play a vital role in protecting the critical infrastructure that underpins the DNS and TLD Services. Working as a bridge between the info security team and the operation infrastructure team to contribute to the continuous improvement of the security posture of the existing estate while also working closely with the information security officers and security architects.
You will work towards the best security practise into new services and systems and will have the responsibility to challenge solutions designs from a security standpoint.
- Maintaining the operational and productional environment is secure
- Designing and building security improvements
- Routine patching
- Managing the security backlog
- Designing security requirements across new systems
- Integrate new security tools
- Server and network hardening
- Managing, improving, and identifying the security posture of AWS hosted services
- Working with other relevant teams
- Experience in a similar role with a focus on security.
- Great knowledge of security standards, common attack vectors and mitigations
- Experience with VMWare virtualisation technologies.
- Linux (Preferably RHEL)
- Windows environment
- Experience working with large scale infrastructure operating across multiple data centres
- Great understanding of internet, networking, and infrastructure tech
- Proven experience being an ambassador of change with new ideas.
- Experience designing and building improvements on the following:
RedHat Servers, VMWare virtualised environments, Juniper Firewalls, 3par storage, f5 load balancers, and HPE compute clusters
- Management of SSL, TLS, PKI services
- Experience or knowledge of configuring and running intrusion detection systems (IDS) and hardware security modules (HSMs)