‹ Back to search results
Head of IT
United Kingdom - Manchester
to £80K per Year
Head of IT
Salary - £80,000
Hybrid working model - 3 days in the office 2 days remote
The Head of IT is responsible of ensuring the fast, predictable, and uninterrupted flow of planned work that delivers value to the business while minimizing the impact of disruption of unplanned work, so you can provide a stable, predictable, and secure IT Service.
You will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for service management in line with company strategy, ensuring processes are owned and maturing. You will lead both the IT Infrastructure team and IT Development team, ensuring adequate resources and capacity. You will represent the IT functions at a senior level and will act as an escalation point for business stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in line with the company strategy, and that IT projects are delivered on time and budget.
Technical skills and experience
- Experience in managing technical teams: infrastructure, development, and 3rd parties, to deliver a high standard and quality of work.
- Capability to configure and manage hybrid Azure estate including IaaS and PaaS solutions.
- In-depth knowledge and skills in configuring and managing VMware vSphere and experience with Hyper-V solutions.
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 administration skills, including hybrid Azure deployments.
- Extensive hands-on Microsoft Windows network skills including Microsoft AD, Group Policy management, security, DNS, DHCP, DFS, RDP and other Windows services.
- The ability to understand complex WAN and LAN topologies, MPLS, Ethernet extensions etc. Cisco/HP switch, LAN/WAN/wireless configurations.
- Extensive experience managing Firewall configuration & network security solutions.
- Backup & disaster recovery skills with experience of writing Business Continuity plans.
- Experienced in commonly used anti-virus software packages, particularly Sophos AV suite.
- Thorough understanding of data security principals and best practices, ideally experienced working in a regulated environment, managing commonly used tools such as web security gateways, automated vulnerability assessments, VPNs and endpoint protection.
- Previously managed cyber security estates, overseeing external penetration assessments and vulnerability assessments, creating meaningful reports, and ensuring processes and controls are followed diligently.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and database management and maintenance.
- Experience in IP telephony and multi-channel contact centre administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience undertaking a similar role, preferably within financial services.
Non-Essentials but advantageous
- Private and public cloud datacentre experience
- Level 3 Service Management Framework qualification and knowledge of life cycle and / or capability elements of ITIL
- Relevant technical certification