‹ Back to search results
United Kingdom - London
to £110K per Year
Role: Engineering Manager
Package: Up to £110,000
I am currently partnered with an exciting start-up dedicated to secure, open, decentralized communication. Their mission is to make messaging as open as email, allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy fully encrypted private conversations, and ultimately be in control of their own communication. Data privacy is a key concern for most if us as we understand more about how our personal data is used. My client is at the forefront of developing secure messaging systems that keep data private.
They are looking for an Engineering Manager to provide support and leadership to the engineering team delivering their hosting service for scalable, secure, real-time communications. Reporting to the Head of Engineering Management, the successful candidate will be passionate about the Engineering process and keen to make their mark on a small but rapidly expanding team.
- Manage a team of 7 engineers operating remotely from mainly European locations (previous remote management experience beneficial)
- Contribute to the hiring strategy/process as the team continues its rapid growth
- Have experience building and managing high performing teams through period of rapid growth
- Be responsible for your team’s overall effectiveness, ensuring that engineering delivery is efficient and to a consistently high standard
- Collaborate with piers in Product and Design teams to ensure alignment between engineering objectives and the overall business strategy
- Have complex engineering knowledge, having worked various roles within the engineering function throughout your career
- Make key strategic decisions with a pragmatic, commercial driven mindset
- Shape and define the overall technical strategy for your business area
- Facilitate technical design virtual standups, retrospective, and 1:1s to maximise efficiency and minmise impediments
- Ensure the team is well supported to deliver on their goals and take responsibility for their ongoing professional development
- Contribute code to support the team and fully understand the challenges they face (experience working as a developer on a complex react based web app would be a huge benefit)
- Be committed to and passionate about people management
- Have high emotional intelligence, and be able to identify bespoke man-management approaches for each individual to get the best out of them
- Have experience working with open-source technologies (preferable)
This is an outstanding role with a superb start-up set for huge growth over the next few years. There is an opportunity to join and shape the engineering team at the start of a huge period of growth.