‹ Back to search results
DevOps/GitOps Engineer- Onsite or Fully remote
Portugal - Aveiro
to £65K per Year
Our client is looking for an experienced DevOps / GitOps Engineer to join our growing team. We run multiple clusters (EKS) with many dozens of services. Our goal is to be able to spin up a complete development lab in one-click and progress software changes from Lab to QA to Staging to Production via simple git commits without compromising security or system uptime. To make this a realty, we need an engineer that is a critical thinker and has the chops to orchestrate complex systems with code.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of DevOps tools in collaboration with the broader Software Engineering and Network Operations teams that automates and streamlines provisioning new services and the release process for existing services.
- Implement and manage a continuous delivery pipeline for numerous services from development, test, and production environments using the GitOps paradigm.
- Collaborate with other engineers in lifting and maintaining Kubernetes deployments.
- Build, implement, and/or configure tools that provide observability for system configuration in each environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Meaningful programming experience with the ability to develop tools that facilitate CI/CD (preferably with Ruby, Python, or Node.js) and improve developer experience.
- Meaningful experience with related tools including Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Chef, Bash, SystemD, MySQL, AWS, EKS, SSH, Git, etc.
- Readily able to author Kubernetes manifests and Helm Charts.
- Experience implementing DevOps and Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines, and GitOps.
- Ability to be part of an on-call rotation, respond to alerts after hours, and perform deployments off hours for critical systems.
- Good understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
We are a growing cloud communication company with a passionate team on a mission to inspire meaningful human connections. Our goal is to personalize the way we communicate so that no matter where work happens, our technology makes it brilliant for teams to connect with what matters most.
Our client has been recognized by Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits packages including paid vacation and holidays, 401k matching, professional reimbursement, medical, dental and vision coverage, plus many other perks.