‹ Back to search results
Desktop Support Engineer
United Kingdom - London
to £35K per Year
Role – Desktop Support Engineer
Contract to Perm
Day Rate - £150 Per Day / Perm £35,000 DOE
Location – Central London
Desktop Support Engineer needed to work for a leading provider of professional services.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day support whilst keeping a high level of service.
This opportunity initially will be a contract that will go into a permanent position.
What you will be doing:
- Provide a high level of service in response to the IT-related demands of other functions within the organisation.
- Providing the users with a first-class level of service at all times, responding to IT support calls placed through the IT Helpdesk, via telephone and in person.
- Ensure Effective communication of IT activities to relevant users and stakeholders
- Support the development and implementation of best practices in the IT infrastructure and systems: Ensuring necessary practices and processes are in place.
- Understanding the needs and demands of departments within the organisation to quickly identify when issues need to be escalated, ensuring users receive the fastest possible service for their needs and critical issues are identified.
- Have a flexible approach that understands the needs of the business and providing a solution lead attitude to resolve user issues.
A bit about you:
- + 1 year experience in an IT support role.
- Good interpersonal skills being able to effectively work as part of a team.
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft Windows operating system – Windows 10 Deployments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2013 including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio.
- A thorough and deep understanding of hardware (PCs, Monitors, printers, IPhones, IPads etc).
- Troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Exchange 2016.
- Strong working knowledge of Networking related to desktop support: (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, wireless and VPN.)
- Troubleshooting web browsers and security settings and experience to ensure data integrity is maintained at all times.
- Good understanding of Windows Server OS, Active Directory, MS Terminal Services.
- ITIL awareness and instances of usage.