‹ Back to search results
Data Engineering Lead
United Kingdom - Milton Keynes
to £550.00 per Day
Role: Data Engineering Lead (6-month contract)
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Salary: £850 per day (Inside IR35)
My client is looking for someone to manage their team of Data Engineers, providing strategic and tactical direction to the team while liaising with other key stakeholders throughout the business. The company is currently undergoing a major transformation program as they transition to a single data repository throughout the entire business. This is a superb opportunity to join a market-leading business and have true impact on this flag-ship transformation program.
As the Data Engineering Lead, your success will be defined through the success of the team around you. Maintaining a positive working environment including highly engaged, high-performing engineers with a focus on clean, performant code cantered on production operability is essential.
- Manage a team of internal and 3rd party engineers
- Maintain consistently high data development standards throughout the business
- Work with peers throughout the business to define and refine the product roadmap
- Be fully accountable for data related OKRs, and both team and individual KPIs, ensuring that these are consistently well-aligned to overall business objectives
- Work with the team of engineers to understand and facilitate their personal development goals
- Ensure that all team members benefit from exposure to operational support, architectural improvements, and security enhancements
- Contribute to the evolution and improvement of the engineering teams' processes, including but not limited to, hiring, on-boarding, and high-quality engineering practices
- Ensure the consistent development of high-quality, clean, and performant code, with operability built in
- Led on high-profile digital transformation projects focused on data analytics and warehousing
- 5+ years experience in the implementation and architecting of complex data management and BI projects such as: data warehouse, architecture, engineering, business intelligence, big data, governance, MDM, AI/ML, self-serve analytics
- 5+ years experience managing a team of high-performing data ICs including but not limited to data engineers and data product owners
- Experience of leading on both technical and architectural projects and able to effectively communicate the key principles of both.
- Experienced with DataOps, ETL, and CI/CD pipelines
- Comfortable working with a tech stack that includes, Apache Kafka (in an event driven environment), Talend, Azure Services,