‹ Back to search results
United Kingdom - London
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To drive projects and small changes forward to ensure our products and features meet the business strategy and vision. Aligned with the Business Technology roadmap and Steering Committee prioritisation work with business owners and other stakeholders to define and document requirements. Undertake an element of a Product owner role within the development delivery teams to plan, support, and coordinate the successful delivery of projects and small changes. Apply agile Project Management methodologies and techniques to manage and monitor the features and initiatives through the development lifecycle to launch within agreed timescales, promoting quality at all stages and ensuring that business requirements and stakeholder expectations are met.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Head of Programme Delivery and relevant business owners to compile a business case based on problem to solve outlining business justifications, benefits and success criteria, factoring in risks and assumptions and any known costs to present at Steering Committee for approval to proceed and prioritisation.
- Take an active role in Development Triage meetings to discuss the benefit and justification of development requests raised by our business. Provide knowledge and objective view to determine suitability and relevance of acceptance into development or whether the request should legitimately be declined. Own actions to gather further information, progress to pre-project or to business case as relevant.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate plans, aligned with the Business Technology roadmap and development sprint cycles to ensure successful and controlled delivery.
- Provide regular, timely and accurate stakeholder updates on progress via the relevant medium as defined in any communication plan. Feed back into the business technology roadmap where there are changes to priority and/or timescales. Produce project documentation in line with the agreed methodology.
- Identify internal and external stakeholders and work with the relevant parties to elicit, capture and prioritise requirements to define the scope for delivery. Utilise relevant prioritisation techniques.
- Write user stories and define acceptance criteria for the initiative incorporating any non-functional or technical requirements, and obtain sign off by presenting these back to stakeholders. Work with the development delivery teams where relevant to ensure the stories are broken down into acceptable issues facilitating acceptance into a sprint.
- Contribute to the management and refinement of the Product Backlogs both within the Projects and the Development teams. Assist the Head of Programme Delivery in the correct ordering of the stories and other issues and the planning of future sprints based on business benefit and prioritisation. Responsible for the accuracy of the issues and statuses within Jira to ensure a clear picture is always visible.
- Help in the identification, evaluation and management of risks to the project, implementing appropriate actions to mitigate risk using risk management techniques and raising with stakeholders as relevant.
- Provide support, third party liaison and project management direction to the development delivery team.
- Perform any UAT testing on behalf of the business. Co-ordinate and monitor any internal and external User Acceptance testing phases, triaging any defects found or issues encountered to a satisfactory resolution.
- Provide demos and documentation to stakeholders such as release notes and support relevant stakeholders and Marketing with communications and other documentation in order to facilitate launch readiness and planning. Provide go/no go decision and sign off to development.
- Provide product and business knowledge during pitch meetings with Sales team and third parties, support to queries during the on-boarding process to help Evolution Funding engage new partnerships.
- Contribute to and follow our project management principles to ensure they are understood and embedded throughout the project lifecycle.
- Consider and adhere to the relevant governance gates applied to initiatives to ensure a defined process is followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Analyse the performance of projects and changes and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
- Attend and contribute to Sprint ceremonies and other meetings as required and relevant. Such meetings include daily stand ups, sizing, sprint demos, sprint retros and sprint planning.
- Work with the Head of Programme Delivery to align projects and deliveries to the Business Technology roadmap and supporting the production of this document for business visibility
General / Core Competencies:
- Exposure to the full software development life cycle and agile development practices.
- Experience co-ordinating/managing the delivery of software applications and systems.
- Experience of requirements gathering and prioritisation with ability to translate these into deliverable user stories.
- Understanding of project management techniques and disciplines.
- Experience of co-ordinating/managing development teams through the SDLC.
- Experience of co-ordinating/managing cross-functional stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Business justification identification and project initiation knowledge.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Jira experience or similar tooling preferable.
- Working knowledge of projects methodologies and project management principles would be advantageous.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain professional in challenging situations, ensuring empathy with others whilst giving messages clearly.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships and managing stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Team-management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the motor finance industry desirable