‹ Back to search results
Senior Devops Engineer
ID: JR- SnrDevops- Sweden
Position: Senior Devops Engineer
Location: Malmö Sweden / Remote Working
Contract 6 Months
Day Rate: DOE (Dependant on Experience)
A World’s Largest Retailer company is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build new return platforms for customer and co-workers. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be working across the entire platform bringing together various components and exposing them through various interfaces (APIs, BigData, UIs etc). you will need to build a microsites architecture from scratch that integrates with 100s of internal and external services, hosted in the cloud. It is essential the Senior DevOps Engineer should have cloud experience and is able to deploy and manage all kinds of services (frontend, backend, monitoring, etc)
What you will be doing:
- You will be focusing on the automation of the product and platform used to serve millions of active returns each month.
- You will need to coach the team in DevOps and knowledge sharing through pair programming and mentoring.
- You will also take a similar approach to the monitoring of the product, building automated notifications integrated into the developer workflows (eg: slack, github, CI etc).
- Test automation is also a big focus, where we carry out automated testing at all steps of the process including fully automated integration tests in production.
Essential skills needed:
- Strong desire to expand knowledge in modern cloud architectures
- Experience deploying changes and managing infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Experience deploying, maintaining and scaling applications in ECS clusters using EC2 and Docker containers.
- Experience delivering CI/CD framework using Github or Jenkins.
- Confident using GIT to manage changes and be able to define clear branching and code reviewing strategies.
- Experience setting up monitoring and notifications using Cloudwatch logs, metrics and alarms, ELK stack or equivalent.
- Experience working in an agile development process and managing Dev/QA/Prod environments.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of other public cloud platforms such as Azure and GCP highly desirable along with a desire to expand your skillsets and pick-up new challenges over time.
- Knowledge on Operating systems (Windows/Linux).
- Understanding of microservices and containers (Kubernetes & Dockers).
- Good understanding of Security and IP Networking fundamentals.
- Ideally has knowledge of Shell scripting and Python or Java, including writing automated tests.
- Desirable - experience with configuration management using Ansible / C