‹ Back to search results
Senior Rigger – AAA Gaming Studio
ID: SR _ FD
Senior Rigger – AAA Gaming Studio
Our AAA Gaming Partners are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
As a Senior Rigger you will be working under the guidance of your lead and will become part of the character asset pipeline for our games by creating world class animation rigs for our animation teams.
Their catalogue of games covers a wide range of requirements to fit different animation targets and art styles, and their animation rigs need to reflect that. With a proud history of character animation, they continue to push and develop our animation rigs, allowing our animation team to get the best out of their incredible characters.
Great rigs allow for great animation and will play a huge part in the future success of the animation team.
- Taking direction from the lead rigger to create animation rigs to enable our animation team to make incredible animations
- Develop an animation rig from a base model asset, through to a final quality rig
- Prepare, export, test and maintain in-game assets
- Set up in-engine real-time solutions such as ragdoll and IK footplanting
- Carrying out supporting rigging tasks to ensure your work supports both our animators and our game assets
- Problem solving a range of potential issues from the rig itself to the asset’s behaviour in engine
- Support graduate and full riggers in their development
- Take on responsibility for areas of a game’s rigging
- Handle any day-to-day issues that animation department may run into
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that assets are integrated into game smoothly and with the best possible results
- An excellent understand of rigging, deformation and underlying software principles that are required to develop animation rigs
- Ability to discuss rigging ideas and processes that will impact the animators
- An eye for rigging, anatomy principals and detail, to construct world class animation rigs
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- A willingness to confidently take on and provide feedback for your own development and the development of others
- A rigging showreel that demonstrates an excellent understanding of character rigging principals
- Professional experience using Maya
- Professional experience within Unreal, Unity or other games engines, with regards to rigging
- Experience using Python scripting within Maya
- A showreel that demonstrates rigging capabilities for both quadrupedal and bipedal creatures, as well as hard body props
- Knowledge of other 3D animation packages (3ds max, Blender, XSI etc.)
- Knowledge of game development pipelines
- Experience working in AAA games development
What they can offer you:
Our partners offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
They also offer a range of flexible benefits to their 500+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
They welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.