‹ Back to search results
ID: JR-Tools Engineer-Newc
Role - Tools Engineer
Location - Newcastle Upon Tyne
An Automotive Visualisation specialist are seeking a Tools Engineer to design and implement software that will improve the stability and quality of all products. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft, and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Audi, Cadillac and Lamborghini.
- To develop new tools and enhance our cutting edge real-time Virtual Experience rendering engine
- Research methods to optimise and improve the art pipeline to improve productivity and quality
- Design and implement software that will improve the stability and quality of all products
- Develop tools that will be used on a range of hardware from mobile to state of the art high specification PC hardware
- Must have strong software engineering and debugging skills
- Tools development and maintenance experience
- Python, C++ and C# knowledge
- Ability to designing complex reusable systems
- Ability to debug both high and low level problems
- Ability to understand and optimise previously developed code
- Multiprocessor and/or multithreaded programming experience would be beneficial
- 2-5 Years professional programming experience
- Knowledge of Unity3D, 3D Maths, OpenGL and DirectX
- Knowledge and experience using Unit testing tools and build management systems (eg. Jenkins)
- Experience using profiling tools for both CPU and GPU (PIX, GPA, VTune, Nsight etc.)
- Ability to research, implement and modify existing techniques
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, themed parties and group outings organised by our Social group.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.