‹ Back to search results
Generalist Tech Engineer
Role – Generalist Tech Engineer
Location – Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary – DOE
An Automotive Visualisation specialist are seeking an experienced and driven Generalist Tech Engineer to join its award-winning Tech team to undertake range of core technology. You will work alongside major tech partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Unity to develop cutting edge solutions for automotive clients like Cadillac, Porsche and Audi.
- To help in the development of new graphics features and enhance our real-time rendering engine.
- Profile and optimise many aspects of the Omnichannel from VR to the Cloud.
- Design and implement software that pushes the limits of what’s possible in order to create world leading visualisation products.
- Work closely with artists and programmers to develop advanced techniques for producing cutting edge visual effects.
- Develop technology on state-of-the-art high specification PC and Cloud hardware.
- Work with the latest hardware including top end graphics cards, UHD displays and VR headsets.
- Must have strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Knowledge and experience with a range of commercial game and rendering engines.
- Algorithm, code optimisation and 3D principals experience.
- Experience in profiling and implementing optimisations on both GPU and CPU
- Extensive knowledge and up to date experience using profiling tools and techniques made possible with the latest rendering API’s.
- C++, C#, HLSL/cg, OpenGL and Direct X 11/12 skills.
- Ability to design complex reusable systems.
- Ability to debug both high and low-level problems.
- Experience with high-end PC development.
- Ability to understand and optimise previously deployed code.
- Multithreaded programming experience.
- Ideally 4 years professional programming experience.
- Ability to research, implement and modify existing techniques.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, themed parties and group outings organised by our Social group.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.