‹ Back to search results
to £65K per Year
Up to £60,000
As a security architect your primary objective will be to ensure that the design of IT Systems is implemented and maintained in a secure manner. You will be be making technical decisions regarding future investment, network architecture and striving to improve information security within this FTSE 250 business.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Working on information security projects.
- Working on the development of the information security technical roadmap.
- Working on the development of security project business cases to ensure that they are comprehensive in relation to the ITAM.
- Acting as a primary design authority on all associated security IT and Technology.
- Guiding and supporting internal peers and external suppliers in the development and documentation of information security IT process and procedures enabling business maturity.
- Working in collaboration with Business Analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements fit for purpose within the associated projects.
- Providing expert guidance around cyber security operational events and incidents including as necessary troubleshooting and providing guidance to the technical teams as appropriate, and ensuring a robust problem management process driving continuous service improvement.
- Establishing a robust information security Strategy including working on specific innovation workstreams as appropriate, and engaging external at events and workshops to gain market insight.
Ideally, your skills and experience will include:
- 5+ years of experience in information security
- Professional security management certification, such as CISSP,CISM, CISA or similar.
- Expert knowledge of IT networks including areas such as system applications, databases, operating systems, servers and storage.
- Expert knowledge around data backup/recovery and storage.
- Intermediate knowledge around network infrastructure including datacentres, WAN/LAN networking, Security Infrastructure.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT applications including databases, connectivity, integration and front/back-end servers.
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms, including data center, networks, cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), micro-services and emerging/maturing technology platforms.
- Experience in using an enterprise architecture methodology (for example, Zachman, TOGAF and Gartner frameworks).
- Knowledge of a security-specific architecture methodology (for example, SABSA).
- Possess excellent stakeholder management capability with external and internal customers, peers and suppliers.
- Strong technical capability with the ability to engage in constructive dialogue around the merits of varying IT solutions or technical principles.
It would be great if you also had:
- Some knowledge around next-generation areas such as virtualisation, software-defined networks and network function virtualisation.
- Working knowledge of the security implications of using on the Tier-1 cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) including establishing virtualised servers, databases and storage components.
- Understanding of ITIL and/or TOGAF frameworks in the context of enterprise architecture and design.