‹ Back to search results
Document Automation Developer
to £40K per Year
Position: Document Automation Developer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Document Automation Developer needed for a leading UK law firm that was one of the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People. As the Document Automation Developer, you will form part of a team responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT systems and services for the legal and business support departments. you will be involved in all phases of the development of business-changing enterprise solutions, using Contract Express and other technologies. You will also contribute significantly to third-tier support processes, resolving problems, documenting root causes and improving service levels.
- Methodically investigate, analyse and document business requirements.
- Design, develop and maintain key software components using contract express, in accordance with the Software and Security Development Lifecycles.
- Provide automation/authoring services and consulting support with specialist technical input with Users (PSL’s LA’s etc)
- Build, update and maintain automated products and workflow solutions
- Test automated documents correcting errors and recording changes
- Advise Users on best practice using legal automation products and related workflow solutions
- Analyse and translate functional and business requirements into quality automated products
- Ensure automation products are consistent with the brand and approach to automation (style, naming conventions etc).
- Develop user support materials and working with the broader team to develop and deliver user training as needed.
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is created and maintained for all developments.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with automated product owners, vendors and consultants.
- Work with the Project Managers, providing accurate development estimates as requested.
- Ensure systems change management is carried out in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience developing document automation and workflow solutions.
- Experience of workflow or BPM tools
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Word)
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Ability to follow tight deadlines, work within budget, manage multiple workstreams concurrently
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work within budget and demonstrate a capacity to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to confidently communicate with other legal and business service professionals and clients
- High level of personal integrity, imitative and collegiality with a demonstrated capacity to work both independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.