‹ Back to search results
to £60K per Year
Are you a developer still in the early days on your career looking for your next big career step?
How does working for one of the biggest retailer groups in the UK on their next greenfield project sound?
One of the longest and largest standing retailers in the UK with a turnover surpassing £4 billion, they have grown to be a national favourite. For over 2 years now they have been a part of a larger retail chain since their takeover and have managed to enhance their position even more in the UK.
I’m looking for a Full-stack (or back-end focus developer) at junior to mid level to join an autonomous scrum team to support the award-winning customer management centres to handle sales and service contacts through growing social, webchat and traditional channels. The next big project is for a new contact integration platform - an ‘intelligence’ platform that integrates internal and external services/data pools with their platform data and services to know ‘everything’ about our customers.
You’re empowered to choose the best frameworks and software stacks to make yourself effective and efficient in your projects, allowing total freedom.
What I’m Looking For:
- Experience of Java application development, using Maven, Spring and Git in particular (Java 8 and up).
- Working familiarity with and preference for modern software design patterns.
- Developing high quality software through automated unit & integration testing.
- Pragmatic & able to promote positive change in technology and processes.
- Frontend development experience.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- NoSQL backends, particularly MongoDB.
- Containerised build and deploy using Docker.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary (D.O.E)
- Flexible working hours / Remote working
- Bonus scheme (up to 20% on your base salary)
- Discounts across the entire retail group
- Sharesave scheme
- Share purchase plan
- Season ticket loan
- Extra holiday
- Walking distance from the train station, close to the centre