‹ Back to search results
Systems Engineer; Linux, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, Scripting
to £75K per Year
ID: Systems Engineer; Linux, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, Scripting
I am currently seeking a Systems Engineer (DevOps/Linux) for a permanent job opportunity with my client in Hertfordshire.
This organisation is one of the world's largest eCommerce retail brand's with services spanning retail, banking, insurance, mobile and more!
The Systems Engineer for will sit in the Data Platforms area of the business and will play a key role in the Data/Analytics team. You will take responsibility for the engineering of the data platform taking it from it's from the current state and evolving engineering practices to meet business and technical requirements. You will use your technical expertise to build and support mission critical systems, inspiring the wider engineering.
Through transforming how the client builds and supports platforms you will enable platform consumers to focus on adding value to services and solutions.
- Establish and share the engineering excellence for data platforms.
- Build the data platforms and transform them without impacting existing levels of service.
- Design solutions that will operate at scale.
- Inspiring the engineering team to produce quality solutions.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Build on a global scale, encouraging consistency in approaches across all locations.
- Ensure operational stability is balanced with engineering and roadmap delivery.
- Contribute to building a team culture for continuous improvement
- Continuously share feedback with engineering teams for them to meet the required quality standards.
- Drive the adoption of new tools and techniques articulating their value and impact.
- Track record of managing mission critical, large scale service in a global organisation
- Strong technical knowledge of large scale, complex platforms.
- Track record of using automation to build platforms and prevent problem recurrence.
- Ops experience in automated delivery such as continuous integration, continuous deployment and immutable infrastructure
- Expert knowledge in cloud computing, networking and infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Cloud Technologies
- Infrastructure as Code
- Linux OS fundamentals and troubleshooting
- Networking - TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, Loadbalancers
- Scripting/coding skills - Bash, Python, Golang or similar
- Desired State Configuration Tools - one of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or similar
- Containers - Docker, lxc, Kubernetes.
- Creating CI/CD Pipelines for delivery
- Systems architecture, security and Disaster Recovery