‹ Back to search results
Principal Systems Engineer (Data Platforms); Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Hadoop, Teradata
to £100K per Year
ID: Principal Systems Engineer (Data Platforms); Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Hadoop, Teradata
I am currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer (Data Platforms) for a permanent job opportunity with my client in Hertfordshire.
This organisation is one of the world’s largest ecommerce retail brands with services spanning retail, banking, insurance, mobile and more!
The Principal Systems Engineer for Data Platforms will play an integral part of the Data / Analytics function. You will take responsibility for the vision of the data platform, taking it from the current state and developing it to meet ongoing business and technical requirements. Using your technical expertise, you will design mission critical systems at a large scale, inspiring the wider engineering community you interact with.
Through transforming how the client designs and builds platforms you will enable platform consumers to focus on adding value to the service.
- Establish and share the vision for data platforms.
- Contribute to the transformation of data platforms without impacting the existing levels of service.
- Design solutions that will operate at scale.
- Influence supplier roadmaps.
- Inspire the engineering team to produce quality solutions.
- Stay in the know with industry trends.
- Operate at a global level encourage consistency in approaches throughout all locations.
- Ensure operational stability is balanced with engineering and roadmap delivery.
- Contributing to building a team culture for continuous improvement and an environment where engineers can flourish.
- Share feedback with the engineering teams for them to meet the required quality standards.
- Drive the adoption of new tools and techniques to understand their value and impact.
- Track record of managing mission critical, large scale services in a global organisation
- Strong technical knowledge of large scale, complex platforms.
- Track record of using automation to build platforms and prevent problem recurrence.
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing, networks, infrastructure as code & big data
- Ability in a globally distributed team.
- Ability to influence senior stake holders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Middleware, Hadoop and Teradata platforms
- Cloud Technologies
- Infrastructure as Code
- Systems Security and Disaster Recovery