‹ Back to search results
Senior IT Manager – Finance ERP
CONTRACT Senior IT Manager required for a leading retail company in Milton Keynes.
Location: Milton Keynes
Rate: Depending on experience
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience managing an ERP CoE or IT services for the Finance function in an international business.
- Detailed knowledge of Finance processes.
- Experience ensuring compliance and supporting internal and external audits.
- Knowledge of at least one enterprise ERP solution, ideally Oracle.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to quickly establish trust and strong collaborative working relationships.
- Proven experience establishing a new (or turning around a failing) CoE/application management and support team.
- Bias for action: The set-up and handing of issues will need to be done at speed.
- Bias for managing through processes and data.
- Experience implementing and managing an enterprise-scale SaaS platform.
- Define and build the team: Refine the planned 8-person team structure; define detailed roles and recruit from internal and external candidate pool. Where necessary appoint temporary staff or external support services.
- Manage knowledge transfer from the project team.
- Align to the IT strategy
- Ensure stakeholder management towards both executive leadership as well as the different departments in the business.
- Design and implement processes for governance, operations, support, and enhancement.
- Implement process and tools encompassing
- Access control and segregation of duties
- Compliance and audit support
- Change management
- Data quality management
- Solution Change management
- Request Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Availability Management
- Performance Management
- Configuration Management
- Environment Management
- Test management
- Service level management
- Security management
- Cost management
- License management
- Supplier management
- Leverage existing processes and tools including business engagement; operations management; quality assurance, compliance (Finance and, IT), IT security and HR operations.
- Manage transition from hypercare to business-as-usual
- Prove-out the capability through multiple business and technical cycles.
- Optimise efficiency and effectiveness. Optimise efficiency and effectiveness (eg. ongoing license review and addresses any saving opportunities.)
- Hand over to a successor to maintain.
About the role:
The company is transforming itself to meet changing customer expectations and be competitive in a rapidly changing industry. They have ambitious goals to grow their digital B2B direct sales business.
They currently have an external partner implementing a new platform for Procure-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash and Record-to-Report processes based on the multi-tenant Oracle Cloud ERP platform. As the project nears completion, they need to establish a team to manage the platform ongoing.
You will use your experience managing an ERP or Finance CoE to establish a team, governance, and processes to ensure that the platform provides data quality, process efficiency and compliance to several national business units.
You will create an all-new Finance Platform CoE . You will manage the transition from project go-live readiness through hypercare to full operational management before optimising and finally handing over to a successor to maintain after 6-12 months.