‹ Back to search results
Senior Technical Consultant (ACI / SDN)
to £80K per Year
Senior Technical Consultant (ACI / SDN)
£70-80k + £7200 Car + 15% Bonus
My client is one of the World’s largest IT Infrastructure & Network Managed Service Providers operating across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies – who are all relying on my client to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we’ll provide the platform to realise your ambitions. Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities.
Want to be part of our team?
Design, implement, and articulate Networking and Data Centre focused solutions which meet clients’ business requirements and industry standards. Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of projects and technical solutions across a range of technologies, ensuring compliance objectives and client expectations are sustained.
What you'll be doing
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of multiple client-based projects, that include the Design, configuration, testing, installation, and troubleshooting of technical solutions that meet our clients’ business requirements
- Create, maintain, and review project related documentation, ensuring that accurate information is always available, and exacting quality standards are achieved
- Build and maintain technical relationships with clients to maximize opportunities within each environment
- Provide technical pre-sales and architecture support to the account teams when required (Minimal)
- Maintain and develop knowledge for specific technologies, and outcomes, becoming a trusted specialist in that field
- Attend user groups, technical training, and seminars to increase knowledge in business relevant areas
- Demonstrable contribution in identifying and winning incremental business
- Mentoring of junior consultants in security solutions and architecture, and business acumen
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Proven track record of the successful end to end design and delivery of technical solutions with project related delivery experience within small and large enterprise networks
- Tangible experience and sustained certification to a Cisco CCIE level (or higher/equivalent), plus additional certifications and practical knowledge throughout other specialisations/vendors
- Ability to design, implement, migrate, and troubleshoot solutions using a range of technologies, including (but not limited to);
- Cisco Routing & Switching
- Cisco Nexus
- Cisco ACI & other SDN technologies
- Cloud connectivity
- Load balancing
- Solid understanding of interlinked technologies throughout Networking, Data Centre, Wireless and Security solutions.
- Capable of planning and conducting design review meetings, customer facing reports and presentations, documentation, and implementation strategies
- Proactive interest in emerging technologies including SDN, SDA, & SD-WAN products
- Demonstrable communication and people skills, with an ability, capacity, and skill set to perceive, access and manage the emotions of one's self, of others, and of groups
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal, with an ability to explain complex technology concepts at all levels
- Commercially astute and able to assist Service Delivery Management on achieving agreed Service Level Agreements
- Valuable experience working within groups of people, and the ability to educate, enthuse, coach, and mentor
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Bonus Scheme, Car Allowance, Pension, Healthcare etc
- Working Hours – 9:00-17:30, although flexible working is provided.
- Travel to client sites (predominately London) will be required.