‹ Back to search results
Active Directory Specialist
My client is a well renowned bank, that has been rated as one of the leading banks across the UK. They are now looking for an Active Directory Specialist to join their team and support them on a number of different projects, delivering a valuable experience.
Supporting the project from an Active Directory and Group policy perspective to migrate 40k endpoints to Windows 10. This position is for a Technical SME with enterprise scale Windows 10 migration experience. A key element of the role will be to work with project teams migrating users/endpoints from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Day to day management of issues relating to Windows 10 user profiles and desktop configuration
Supporting user access to NAS filers via the DFS infrastructure
- Provide careful management and update of NTFS permissions within agreed controls
- Work methodically through incidents in the work queue (Remedy)
- Supporting the server migration team to integrate into a consolidated AD Forest.
- Assist in the decommissioning of redundant AD domains.
- Look to improve and streamline the desktop migration processes
- Effective management of changes to required standards and processes
- Problem solving and resolution of issues with colleagues and other teams
Personal or behavioural skills:
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory
- An understanding of authentication and networking protocols, Kerberos, NTLM, SMB1/2/3.
- An understanding of Windows 10 Group Policies, including loopback, enforce and block inheritance
- Experience with user and security group management and nesting in a multi-forest environment
- Experience with DFS Management tools, both GUI and command
If you would like further detail, I'd be more than happy to go further into detail.