‹ Back to search results
Level 2 Unified Communications Engineer
to £40K per Year
You’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work – whether it’s protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things.
The role is responsible for providing a professional second-line onsite technical support to clients by proactively identifying and resolving technical incidents and problems. Through pre-emptive service incident and resolution activities, this role will restore service to clients by managing incidents and seeing them through to an effective resolution. Their primary objective is to ensure all requests, process events and resolution incidents result in zero missed SLA conditions. The role is responsible for managing incidents of medium complexity, ongoing maintenance of the clients estate and project support activities.
Skills and attributes
Maintains knowledge of specific specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
Ensure operational infrastructure
They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard, they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts. Where software is a component of the solution they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Shifts and on-call
Engineers work shifts to ensure service continuity on the customer site. The coverage hours are Monday to Friday, 06:00-18:00. 24/7 on-call is also shared between the team.
Work experience required
• Cisco UC technology including CUCM, Video and Jabber
• Any experience of the following technologies will be considered a strong advantage: Telisca, Kurmi, Prognosis, Tiger 2020Prism, VMWare ESXi, vCenter, UCS-C, Cisco IOS, Windows Server, Linux OS, scripting
• Ability to work alone and to interact constructively and assertively with a global team, clients and partners
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Ability to prioritise workload and have good time management skills
• Excellent customer facing skills
• Ability to work in an international & multi-cultural environment
• Keen attention to detail