‹ Back to search results
.Net Technical Architect (Â£75k + 20%, 3 days remote, 100M user platforms)
United Kingdom - Luton
- Are you a Senior .Net Developer looking to progress into a Tech Architect role?
- Perhaps you're currently an Architect but keen to work on a much larger & complex scale?
- How does working on platforms that support 100M customers sound?
- Have deep knowledge across .Net, Micro-services, Cloud & modern software patterns, etc?
- Have credible experience in creating low and high-level architecture?
Starting Salary: £70-75k (progression tops out at £90k) + 20% bonus, 7% pension, share options, healthcare + more
Location: Bedfordshire (free on-site parking, 50% rail discount, direct train from London)
Remote Working: YES - 3 days per week
The Company & Culture A major e-commerce business who’s platforms keep 100 million customers connect 24/7/365. When it comes to scale, few can compare: 100 million customers, 4k searches a second, 1 million daily sales, 40k concurrent users, 20 million mobile users, all across over 30+ countries.
Expect a very unique culture where communication and collaboration is the done thing, where ideas and opinions and strongly welcomed, and innovation is the driving force. You can expect transparency, support, recognition and genuine progression to SA or EA.
- Experienced in designing architecture + high-level & low-level design
- Deep experience with C# .Net, ideally with .Net Core
- Knowledge with Micro-services, Event-Driven Architecture, Serverless, etc
- Credible with cloud-based platforms (ideally AWS)
- You understand how scale architecture & ensure it’s secure
- Advocate for modern patterns & principles & approaches
- Credible with TDD, C.C/C.D or DevOps culture
- Natural thought leader able to push ideas, innovate and influence stakeholders
What You'll Do:
- Focus on technical governance, defining principles & standards, tech direction and interface with both tech and non-tech stakeholders and OWN your platform.
- Your knowledgeable in all elements of .Net, and well versed in engineering large systems making use of SOA, Micro-services, AWS/cloud, CQRS, Serverless Architecture, etc.
- You'll work within a defined “architecture community” that sees you work with domain experts (such as security & data architects) as well as SA’s & EA’s to ensure your vision aligns with the business goals.
- You'll solve real-world problems that affect 10's of millions of people a month and there’s a big focus on moving to micro-services, further .Net core and AWS services.
- Key initiatives also include fine-tuning your teams’ agile & code delivery as well as driving best practice, application & system performance, how do you scale your architecture, what are the security vulnerabilities of these major global 24/7 systems, working with offshore partners, what does the future roadmap look like, what tech direction needs to be adopted and how does the business get there?